What Are Parts of A Garage Door System?
One of the most important parts of your home is your garage door. That’s why it’s necessary to know the ins and outs of your garage door system so that you’re aware of when it’s not functioning at its highest capacity and how to address it. Having this understanding allows you to know what’s best for your garage door. Here are the parts that make up a garage door system.
Parts of a Garage Door System
- Sections: They are the often rectangular panels of your garage door that are divided into different sections. These panels are hinged together to allow the door to bend and fold while it is rising.
- Track: The garage door track helps facilitate the movement of the door by guiding the rollers.
- Struts: The struts support the garage door by strengthening the door sections and preventing them from breaking. They also make sure that your garage door is operating correctly by allowing it to open and close smoothly.
- Springs: Garage door springs are a counterbalance to the weight of the garage door making it easier to close and open them. Torsion and extension springs are the two types of springs that you’ll find with garage doors.
- Cables: Garage door cables work with the springs to ensure that the garage door is functioning as it should. The three types of garage door cables are torsion spring, extension spring, and safety cables.
- Back Hang: The back hangs act as a vertical support for the garage door track. They prevent any lateral movement from occurring.
- Lock: A lock ensures that your garage remains secure and protected. There are plenty of options for you to choose from deadbolt locks to digital locks.
Ensure that your garage door system runs perfectly by getting in touch with the repair and installation experts at All Right Garage Doors. All Right Garage Doors has earned the trust of Orange County and Southern California homeowners because we provide a complete client experience that features both personable customer service and industry-leading garage door services that are unmatched in quality. For more information about what All Right Garage can do for you, call us at (714) 726-2225.